Training – Caring for dementia carers
PROMAS CIC discuss tools to help to improve your own wellbeing. You will also explore strategies to help you cope and manage proactively in your caring role.
Together we’ll look at:
- Symptoms of Dementia
- Communication techniques (how dementia impacts on communication, perception and relationships)
- Understanding and learning healthy coping strategies when caring for someone living with dementia
- Understanding how to respond in a positive way to someone living with dementia
- Understanding the grief process
- Adjusting and understanding new behaviours associated with people experiencing dementia
- Relating to people experiencing dementia in different ways
- Stress and conflict management
- Contingency planning and asking for help
- Accessing local resources
To book your place, please email us at email@example.com or call 0800 368 8349.