Are you a young adult carer (16-25 years old) looking for support, connection, and community? Carer Support Dorset has an amazing young adult carer support offer just for you, providing invaluable resources and opportunities to enhance your well-being and future.
At Carer Support Dorset, we understand the unique challenges and responsibilities that young adult carers face. Sometimes it is nice to know there are others out there that understand your situation and are on hand to help, that’s why we offer a range of services tailored specifically to support you on your journey. Here’s what you can expect when you register with us:
– Peer support: Join our vibrant community of young adult carers and connect with others who truly understand your experiences. Our dedicated WhatsApp group is a safe space to share your joys, challenges, and advice with like-minded individuals who get it. To join the group, simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 368 8349.
– 1:1 support: We understand that each young adult carer has their own unique needs, goals, and dreams. That’s why we offer individualised support with our Young Carer Coordinator. Whether you need guidance on your future plans, like work or further education, or simply need someone to talk to, our coordinator is here to lend a listening ear and provide support along the way. You can find out more about our 1:1 support via our Transition Support leaflet here.
– Regular contact: We believe in building lasting relationships with our young adult carers so our Young Carer Coordinator is always just a phone call or email away. Ensure that you receive regular updates on upcoming events, workshops, and resources to keep you informed and engaged by signing up for our events newsletter or sign up to our WhatsApp group!
– Face-to-face meet-ups: We know how vital it is to connect with others in person. That’s why we host bi-monthly face-to-face events in different locations across Dorset. These meet-ups provide an incredible opportunity to make friends, have fun, and support one another. Join us for exciting activities and enjoyable experiences that will give you a well-deserved break from your caring roll and leave you feeling refreshed.
– Virtual events: Can’t make it to our face-to-face meet-ups? No worries! We also organize monthly virtual events to cater to all your scheduling needs. From quizzes to games and informative Q&A sessions, there’s something for everyone. Engage with other young adult carers from the comfort of your own home and enjoy a safe vibrant online community.
Carer Support Dorset is committed to empowering you on your journey as a young adult carer. We believe that through our support, you can care for a loved one while achieving your goals and prioritizing your own well-being. Don’t go through these years alone – join our friendly community today!