Caring for someone with Parkinson’s
If you are looking after someone with Parkinson’s you can find information around their care needs and support for you from Parkinson’s UK. They also have Carers Guide to download and a helpline to answer any questions you may have on 0808 800 0303.
Local support groups
The following support groups are available locally for those caring for someone with Parkinson’s and those affected by it:
- Blandford Parkinson’s Cafe. Meets at Keyneston Mill, Tarrant Keyneston, Blandford, DT11 9HZ. Contact Sally Wood email@example.com
- Purbeck Parkinson’s Group. Contact T Lander 01929 425970 or D Peters 01929 551962.
- Weymouth Parkinson’s Support Group – third Monday each month. Contact Dave Clegg 01305 835108 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parkinson’s Group, Sturminster Newton. Contact 0344 225 3694.
- Parkinson’s Dance Sessions, Youth Centre, Tinney’s Lane, Sherborne – Thurdays 2.30pm-4pm. Contact 01935 815899.