Sight loss can impact not only the person affected but their carer too.
The RNIB runs an information line to offer help and support to carers and those affected by sight loss – 0303 123 9999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The RNIB have also teamed up with Carers UK to offer information on caring for someone with sight loss.
- Dorset Blind and Partially Sighted Group – meet on the second Wednesday each month. Contact Jennifer 01305 787065.
- Dorset Blind Association Shaftesbury Social Group – meet on the third Wednesday each month at the Trinity Centre. Contact 01747 851186.
- Dorset Blind Association Sherborne Social Club – meet on the first Thursday of each month 2pm-4pm. Contact Judy Bannon 07748 212009.
- Macular Disease Society Sherborne Support Group – second Monday of each month 10.30am-12.30pm. Contact 0300 303 0111.
- Macular Society Dorchester Support Group – meets fourth Wednesday every month 10.30am-12noon. 0300 3030 111.
- Macular Society Gillingham and Shaftesbury Support Group – meets third Monday of the month 10.30am. 0300 3030 111.
- Macular Society Weymouth Support Group – meets on second Thursday 2pm-4pm. 0300 3030 111.
- Macular Society Wimborne and East Dorset Support Group – meets on last Thursday of the month (except August and December) 10am-12noon. 0300 3030 111.