Have you ever heard of Laughter Yoga? Pat Wilkins, Dorset Healthcare University NHS Trust tells us more…
Laughter yoga a new way to have fun and exercise with your peers and can help reduce your stress levels.
What is laughter Yoga?
– It was developed by Dr Madan Katarian in 1995 who is a qualified physician in allopathic system of medicine, practicing in Mumbai, India for the past 20 years
– It started with just 5 people in 1995 and has developed worldwide
– It’s a fun way to exercise your internal body
– You combine breathing and laughter exercises
– It increases the supply of oxygen around your body and brain
What are the benefits?
– Reduces stress
– Created positive energy
– Boosts your immune system
– Fills your lungs with good air
– Connects people with each other
Anyone can laugh for no reason without relying on humour, jokes or comedy. You can feel the benefits on the very first session!
Real and contagious laughter:
We initiate laughter as a body exercise in a group and with eye contact and childlike playfulness. It soon turns into real and contagious laughter.
Oxygenates your body and brain:
Laughter Yoga is combination of deep breathing exercises from yoga and laughter exercises, which oxygenates our body and brain, makes us feel more healthy and energetic.
The concept of Laughter Yoga is based on a scientific fact that the body cannot differentiate between fake and real laughter. One gets the same physiological and psychological benefits.
Laughter Yoga may not be suitable for everyone and involves some physical strain within the body. If you feel uncomfortable at any time please stop.
In this video, Pat demonstrates some Laughter Yoga:
To find out more about Laughter Yoga, feel free to contact Pat by emailing email@example.com