The Department of Health and Social Care have announced that an autumn booster of the COVID-19 vaccine will be offered to the following groups to extend their protection against getting seriously ill:
– residents and staff in older adult care homes
– frontline health and social care workers
– everyone aged 50 and over
– people aged 5-49 in a clinical risk group, including pregnant women
– household contacts of immunosuppressed people aged 5-49
– unpaid carers aged 16-49
This follows the latest advice from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).
Find out more information on the government website.